Ultimate Guide to Apply for China Universities in 4 Steps
Step 1. Flow chart to Apply for China Universities
Step 2. Preparation of Apply for China Universities
Actually, before the preparation, maybe you already considered a lot about study abroad, study in China, here are more information for you:
1) About China education system
2) About China universities
3) 10 reasons for study in China
4) 6 reasons for not study in China
There are also some reasons for you not to study in China:
5) Fees of study in China
6) Scholarship in China
7) Discuss with your family, make the decision
Maybe till now, you can make the decision, and decide how to continue the application.
Step 3. Application of Apply for China Universities
Since you made the decision, now it is time to action:
1) Find a program, and find a reliable way to apply
We recommend SACBU, it is a professional website for study in China. There are more near 1,000 universities, and more than 30,000 programs for you.
2) Prepare documents
a. One photocopy of your valid national passport;
b. Notarized Certificates (or Letter of Attestation from Your University for the prospective certificate winners);
● For master applicants, please provide bachelor certificates, for Ph.D applicants, please provide both bachelor and master certificates.
● Prospective certificate winners must submit official document issued by your current school to prove your current student status or expected graduation date.
● Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations.
c. Academic transcripts (written in Chinese or English);
Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations.
d. Certificate of the language proficiency (IELTS, TOEFL);
The other international standard test is acceptable. We take your language proficiency certificate from your school into consideration.
e. Two academic recommendation letters in Chinese or English from scholars of associate professorship or higher (must show referee’s phone number and email address on the letter).
f. If you are not in China, please provide the Physical Examination form. If you are already in China, the valid visa page is required;
The physical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete forms or forms without the signature of the attending physician, or the official stamp of the hospital, or a sealed photograph of the applicant are considered as invalid.
Please carefully plan your physical examination schedule as the result is valid for only 6 months.
Pleases keep the original copy of the Form for school registration.
h. A Study Plan or Research Proposal (written in Chinese or English);
The minimum should be of 800 words. Here is a guide and sample for your reference.
i. Acceptance Letter (Preferred);
Please contact the supervisor to get the acceptance letter.
j. List of publications and other projects;
3) Submit application, and pay application fees.
Just submit the application, there may need some application fees, like 400 rmb or 800 rmb.
4) Getting admissions with jw2021/jw202
You will get admissions and jw201/jw202 from universities.
5) Applying Visa
With the admission and jw201/jw202, you can also prepare other documents and go to embassy for visa.
6) Prepare to leave to China
Step 4. Arriving China, and start the study