Notice on the addition of the home-based online HSK test outside China 2022
The Chinese proficiency test series is an international standardized Chinese Proficiency Test for non Chinese native speakers, which provides scientific and effective proof of Chinese proficiency for Chinese learners.
Affected by the epidemic, the Chinese home online test was launched in April 2020, which provided convenience for candidates to study abroad, graduate and apply for jobs as scheduled. Up to now, more than 100000 people have participated and won unanimous praise from all walks of life.
In order to further meet the needs of Chinese learners to participate in HSK (written and oral examination), YCT, BCT and other Chinese series examinations during the epidemic period, it is decided through research that four examination dates will be added in the first half of 2022: February 27, March 12, April 23 and June 25, and home online examination services will be opened for foreign countries. The relevant matters are hereby notified as follows:
I. Candidates oriented for home-based online HSK test outside China
1. The candidate’s country has not resumed the routine HSK written test, oral test, YCT and BCT test.
Candidates should consult the examination center in their country or region to complete the registration. For the information of the examination center, please log in to the Chinese examination service website www.chinesetest.com.cn, query in the global examination center information.
II. Registration requirements
Please ensure that the test equipment and environment meet the requirements before registration. Candidates need to prepare a computer and a mobile phone / tablet. The computer is used to answer the test questions, and the mobile phone / tablet is used to assist the invigilation.
1. There is an examination computer installed with windows (7 / 10) operating system. The requirements are as follows:
(1) The examination system does not support running under Mac OS operating system, and it is not recommended to use Mac computer;
(2) The screen resolution must be 1366 * 768 or above;
(3) Self contained or external independent camera with more than 300000 pixels, sufficient light in the room and clear camera;
(4) Equipped with wired headphones, the playback is clear and the sound insulation effect is good. The oral test needs to be recorded. Microphones and headphones shall be prepared. The recording shall be clear and the sound insulation effect shall be good.
Note: the test cannot be conducted on mobile devices such as mobile phones and tablets; During the examination, it is not allowed to use Bluetooth devices and USB port external storage devices, such as USB flash disk, wireless receiver and other facilities;
2. There is a mobile phone with a camera as an auxiliary invigilator to download the invigilator software designated by the registered examination site.
(1) Enter the designated exam room one hour before the test, and place the mobile phone at the left rear or one meter behind the right rear, so that the examiner can see the computer screen and the candidate himself;
(2) The examiner can view the examination environment of each candidate 360 degrees through the designated invigilator software;
(3) Candidates need to turn on the mobile phone “flight mode” and connect to WiFi network;
(4) The camera phone needs to have sufficient power supply to ensure that the whole examination process does not turn off.
3. The network bandwidth shall be 20M and the network speed shall reach 150KB/S or above; During the examination, please close other applications irrelevant to the examination and use the direct network to enter the examination;
4. Test environment: The test shall be conducted independently in a safe, closed and undisturbed room. It is forbidden to conduct the test in parks, Internet cafes, restaurants and other open places. Computers, keyboards and other exam supplies must be placed on the desk. No one is allowed to enter or leave the room during the exam. In case of any violation of the examination rules, the examination result will be invalid.
5. International registration is not allowed. Once found, the results will be invalid. For example, candidates who want to take the ibT at a U.S. test center must be in the United States on the test day.
6. The home online test needs to take HSK written test and oral test at the same time. The corresponding levels are as follows:
HSK level 3 takes oral examination for primary level
HSK level 4 takes intermediate oral test
HSK level 5-6 oral examination advanced
Note: the opening time of the primary and intermediate oral examination has changed. Please refer to the time on the admission ticket.
7. Please confirm whether the above conditions are met before signing up. If you find that the environment, equipment and various conditions of home online examination are not met after signing up and paying the fee, the examination service fee will not be refunded.
(1) There is no need to use paper notes for home online examination. All items such as paper and electronic equipment are prohibited to copy and record test questions during the examination;
(2) In order to ensure the safety of test operation, the test center in the candidate’s country may need to collect test related information from you, including name, photo, certificate information and monitoring audio and video records during the test. We will only store (local servers) and use these types of personal information to the extent permitted by law.
III. Registration and payment
1. Log in to www.chinesetest.com.cn to register online. When registering, candidates should choose the test center that is open to home online test in their country to register. Please consult the local examination center for the examination form before registration.
2. Examination and registration deadline
3. From January 1, 2022, the home online examination service fee will be adjusted as follows:
(1) The service fees for HSK written and oral tests, YCT, BCT and other home tests will be increased by 30% on the basis of the service fees for local conventional Chinese tests;
(2) Preferential treatment will be given to the test sites where HSK written test level 3-6 and oral test are combined to implement home online test: the service fee of the combined level test will be implemented according to the original written test + oral test service fee, and will not rise.
IV. Examination form
Candidates log in to the client of the online Chinese examination system through their personal computer to answer. The main invigilator of the registered examination site will conduct remote real-time invigilation throughout the examination.
V. Score query and score report
10 days after the end of HSK, YCT or BCT test, and 25 days after the end of HSK Oral Test (postponed in case of holidays), candidates can log on to www.chinesetest.cn or enter their admission ticket number and name through the “Micro Query” mini program in the menu bar of the official account to check their scores. Print-out and application for additional grade reports will be open from the date of publication.
VI. Contact information
Please attach great importance to the online test at home. If you have any questions, please contact hankao international.
Candidate consultation: [email protected]
Examination site consultation: [email protected]
This article is translated from Chinese testing service. In case of any discrepancy between Chinese and English, the Chinese version shall prevail
For more Chinese language study resources, kindly click: HSK Study